Caversham Primary School
1. Turn off smart boards, TV’s and computers when not in use.
2. Think before you switch! Do we need the lights on today?
3. Walk to school if and when you can.
4. Recycle paper in appropriate bin in the classroom.
5. Use less foil/plastic in lunch boxes. Ideally none!
The Eco Council is responsible for making sure we save energy and promoting sustainability.
They go round classrooms to reward those teachers who, where possible have turned off their lights, I.W.B. They also have the responsibility of ensuring they or their teacher turns off lights etc. everytime their class leaves the classroom. Weekly meter readings will be taken by Yr 5’s and the school’s energy consumption plotted.
We are also going to be liaising with our fellow eco councils in local schools to share what we are doing and implement any good practise we see.
And of course there is the allotment, our school environment……so we are going to be very busy.
Know your 2020 Eco rep!
0Doves and Ducks : James and Brendon
1Skylarks and Swallows : Ruben and Frieda
2Red Kites and Robins : Elsa and Elodie
3Ash and Alder : Tom and Zaki
4Birch and Beech : Finley and Anaya
5Holly and Hazel : Harry R, Mayuri and Daisy
6Spruce and Sycamore: Lydia and Saurav